The advantages of winching with a screw pin shackle over a conventional winch hook are many:
- Screw pin shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
- Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
- Recover straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
- Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
- Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
- Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
- Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
- Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains – not commonly used recovery straps
- Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA — Patent Pending
- Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
- Billet construction — precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
- 16,000 pound max load rating
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8″ in diameter
- Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
- 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates “shackle rattle”
- 5/8 inch diameter 6Al-4V titanium double shear pin
- Optional EPDM “Rubber Guard” protects alloy Hawse fairleads — rubber barb attachment
- Can be installed and removed in minutes — simple snap ring removal
- Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads — Hawse or Roller
- Beautifully anodized and zinc plated in the USA
Note: Images are for illustration purposes only. Images MAY NOT represent the product listed. Please contact Customer Service with any questions or concerns: 928-227-2026.
There are no reviews yet.